Business Administration Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
This training programme is mainly delivered and assessed in the workplace. There are also monthly off the job workshops held at Farnborough College of Technology.
The programme is suitable for job roles such as administrator, office junior, receptionist/medical receptionist, junior legal secretary or junior medical secretary.
The programme covers a range of administrative duties and includes the following components including examples of optional units available. These will be determined by their relevance to the individual’s job role.
1. NVQ Combined Diploma in Business Administration (Level 2)
- Communication in a Business Environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles of Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
Optional units (continued)
- Contribute to Organisation of an Event
- Produce Minutes of Meetings
- Use a Telephone and Voicemail System
- Meet and Welcome visitors in a Business Environment
- Manage diary systems
- Produce Business Documents
- Contribute to the Development and Implementation of an Information System
2. Functional Skills: English, Maths and ICT Level 1 or equivalent GCSE’s
3. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills embedded in the course content
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in or providing support within a business and/or office environment. The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-E in English and A-E in Maths. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment. The apprentice must like working as part of a team and be able to demonstrate potential for developing good written and verbal communication skills
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.