Spanish A Level at Tyne Metropolitan College
Studying Spanish at A Level will help you to develop confident, effective communication skills in Spanish and a thorough understanding of the culture of countries and communities where Spanish is spoken.
It develops an interest in, and enthusiasm for, language learning and encourages you to consider the study of the language in a broader context. You will develop your ability to write and speak in Spanish with accurate grammar and syntax for a range of purposes and to understand written or spoken Spanish in a variety of contexts and genres.
This course is particularly suitable for students who have studied GCSE Spanish and wish to study Spanish at a higher level. Queen Alexandra Sixth Form College works in partnership to deliver its Modern Foreign Language programmes.
- Media – Television, advertising and communication technology
- Popular culture – Cinema, music, fashion and trends
- Health living/lifestyle – Sport and exercise, health/well-being and holidays
- Family/Relationships - Relationships within the family, friendships and marriage/partnerships
- Environment – Pollution, energy and protecting the planet
- The multicultural society – Immigration, integration and racism
- Contemporary social issues – Wealth & poverty, law & order and the impact of scientific & technological progress
- Cultural topics (various options)
5 GCSEs at Grade A* to C, including a Grade B or above in Spanish.
Assessment is examination based using a combination of listening, reading, writing and speaking exams.
You can progress to a Degree course at university in your chosen language or onto an international business Degree. Graduates with languages in their portfolio will find that possessing foreign language skills can give you a competitive edge in the world of work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tyne Metropolitan College directly.