Plumbing and Heating Apprenticeships at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
These occupation frameworks are designed to provide new entrants and those seeking progression in their career with the opportunity to develop competencies that are needed to carry out job roles and responsibilities associated with the installation, maintenance, commissioning and servicing of domestic plumbing and heating systems. Including relevant:
- Environmental technologies
- Technological requirements and changes
- Statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements
Your employers' business could include the installation, service, maintenance and repair of a variety of plumbing systems and equipment, including:
- Showers; Baths; Sinks; WC
- Drainage Pipes, Plastic and Copper Water Pipes and Guttering
- Heating Systems fueled by Gas; Solar Thermal; Heat Pumps; Oil and Solid Fuel.
These products could be installed in domestic, industrial and commercial premises.
The technical training is provided in the college 1 day per week including time in practical workshops and Essential Skills Wales.
All apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria and Self Motivated. Qualification requirement are that you must be working with a plumber installing and maintaining plumbing and heating systems.
An apprenticeship is assessed as follows:
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
You can progress from:
Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3.
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
Level 2 and 3
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.