Creative Media Production Technology Level 2 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our creative arts courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience in the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Clothes Show live and the Royal Opera House
- Designing and making cardboard shelters and pavilions for a large installation in the atrium (art and design students)
- Design and showing outfits at The Clothes Show (fashion students)
- Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with hair and beauty, dance, performing arts.
All courses are led by engaging tutors with years of experience in the creative industries and include opportunities for work experience and live performances.
You’ll be required to undertake work experience to support your learning in a hands on, practical way. Opportunities from national and regional performing arts bodies, creative agencies and sector organisations will be advertised to students. You’ll also have the opportunity to take part in trips and workshops to enhance your professional understanding of the sector.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Graphic design
- Design software
- Animation software
- Interactive design.
- Four GCSEs at grade D or above including English; or,
- Four GSCEs at grade D or above, plus functional skills level 1 English;
- A level 1 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with a merit or distinction grade – plus English GCSE grade D or above, or functional skills level 1 English.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects, practical and online tests. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
If you are over 18, please speak to a client advisor.
Possible charges for any trips, visits, materials and uniform if required offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Level 3 courses including the extended diploma in creative media production
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.