Media A-Level at President Kennedy School
Media Studies is a highly practical, creative course where your knowledge and understanding of media texts, industries and audiences are explored. Researching into genre, narrative and representation leads into designing and producing your own media productions. If you are interested in reading media and interpreting images, and you would like to experience this using the latest software, then A- Level Media Studies is for you.
AS Module Unit 1
• 50% Media Representation and Responses (25% of overall A-Level)
• Three compulsory questions including one question on unseen audio-visual or print-based material
• External Assessment: 2 hrs 30 mins exam
AS Module Unit 2
• 50% Media Production Processes (25% of overall A-Level)
• Three Components
• One Pre-Production
• One Production
• One Report on the production process
Standard minimum entry requirements including a grade B in English
• External Assessment: 2hours and 30 min Exam - 50%
• Internal Production Assessment: Three Pieces - 50%
Television, Radio, Animation, Editing, Publishing, Journalism, Illustration, Film Production, Scriptwriting and Creative Writing, Theatre, Video Game Design.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact President Kennedy School directly.