Animation and Interactive Media Level 3 BTEC Diploma at Hertford Regional College
Animation and Interactive media are at the forefront of creative industries in the UK and worldwide, ranging from 2D and 3D animation for TV, film, video games design or advertising, to interactive content for websites and touch screen devices such as mobile phones. This course will allow you to gain skills in both traditional and digital animation techniques, and you will learn how to use interactive media technologies creatively to produce user-friendly design solutions or communicate a message or idea to a specific audience. You will also develop a portfolio to showcase your creativity and achievement.
- 2D and stop motion animation using traditional and digital media
- Video production (including DVD authoring)
- Digital photography (including digital camera techniques and experimental photography)
- Website design (including web animation)
- 200 GCSE entry points including English Language at grade C or have Level 2 Diploma at Merit level and English Language at grade C or above.
- You will have to provide examples of art and design work at interview.
You will be assessed each through practical assignments. The final term’s assessment will be in the form of a self -chosen project, which is externally assessed.
You can progress to a second year, where you may choose to focus on a specific digital specialism or you can progress directly to an apprenticeship or employment. On completion of the second year you will have an extended diploma, which is a nationally recognised advanced level qualification, allowing you direct access to university or employment.
If you haven’t achieved a GCSE Maths grade A* - C you will continue to work towards achieving this qualification.
You will receive group and individual tutorial support
You will undertake independent learning and study
You will work on commissions from employers and have the opportunity to go on a variety of trips and visits
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.