Product Design - A Level at St Gregory the Great Catholic School
The course encourages candidates to take a broad view of Design and Technology, to develop their capacity to design and make products and to appreciate the complex relations between designs, materials, manufacture and marketing. It is helpful but not necessary for candidates to have studied a GCSE Design and Technology before commencing work on this course.
The course will provide pupils with the opportunity to:
• Use your own innovation, creativity and recognise constraints and to produce high quality products
• Develop a critical understanding of the processes and products of design from both a historical and current practices
• Become independent learners and problem solvers
• Use ICT to enhance their design work and technological capability.
• Develop as discerning consumers
• Develop links with industrial links and Designers
• Develop critical evaluation skills in technical, aesthetic, ethical economic, environmental, social, and cultural contents
• Recognise the social, moral, spiritual and culture values inherent in design.
Minimum of six A*-C GCSE Passes, preferably including a grade C or above in a GCSE Design and Technology subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Gregory the Great Catholic School directly.