Spanish AS/A2 Level at Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College
AS consists of 4 topics:
- Media: TV, advertising and communication technology.
- Popular culture: Cinema, music and fashion/trends.
- Healthy living/life style: Exercise, health and well-being and holidays.
- Family/relationships: Relationships within the family, friendships and marriage and partnerships.
A2 consists of 4 topics:
- Environment: Pollution, energy and protecting the planet.
- The multicultural society: immigration, integration and racism.
- Contemporary social issues: Wealth and poverty, law and order and the impact of scientific and technological progress.
- Cultural topic: the study of a target language speaking region/community or the study of a period 20th century history from a target language speaking country/ community or the study of a novelist/ dramatist/poet from a target language speaking country/ community or the study of a director /architect/musician/painter from a target language speaking country/ community.
To have achieved at least a B in Spanish GCSE.
Unit 1 SPAN1 is assessed through a two hour examination in Listening, Reading and Writing skills. These constitute 70% of the final AS grade and 35% of the complete A-Level course. 110 marks.
Unit 2 SPAN2 T/V is a Speaking examination. 30% of AS, 15% of A Level 35 minutes speaking test (including 20 minutes preparation). 50 marks.
Unit 3 SPAN3 is assessed through a two and a half hour examination in which students need to show they are competent in their Listening, Reading and Writing skills. These constitute 35% of the final A Level grade. 110 marks.
Unit 4 SPAN4 T/V is a Speaking examination. This consists in a 5-min discussion with a stimulus card and a 10-min conversation. 15% of A Level. 50 marks.
Media (Journalism) and Film industry, Tourism and travel services, banks and Insurance companies, Local, state and federal government.
International non-profit organizations, Publishing companies , Representatives in Foreign Companies, Health Services, Social services, Immigration services, Elementary, high schools, Universities and colleges.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College directly.