Introduction to Health, Social Care and Early Years Level 1 at Bridgwater College
If you are looking for a career in health, social care or childcare this is the course for you. It is suitable for students who have a positive attitude but lack formal qualifications. This course will provide a foundation entry onto level two courses throughout the college.
This course enables you to develop skills in caring for others. Units of study include:
- Service Provision
- Person Centred Care
- Practical health and safety
- Craft activities for young children or older adults
- Growth and development
- Healthy Eating
- Communicating with others
Modules are taught through a mixture of class based activities, practical sessions and during work experience.
- Four GCSEs in the D-G range including English and Maths or an appropriate Entry level course
- Successful interview
- A committment to studying with a positive attitude
Students’ progress onto level two courses across College or enter employment. Some students are successful in securing apprenticeships from their work placements.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.