Floristry Level 2 Diploma at Highbury College
This programme is designed for those considering floristry as a career. It will introduce you to some of the main floristry techniques and the floristry industry.
There will be a period of work experience on the programme.
You will learn through a mix of practical demonstrations, skills workshops and formally taught sessions.
The programme is made up of the following units:
- Introduction to Art and Design for florists;
- Identify, check and monitor the quality of incoming cut materials;
- Identify and maintain the condition of plants and planted designs;
- Plan, prepare and construct tied floristry designs;
- Plan, prepare and construct funeral designs;
- Plan, prepare and construct floral arrangements;
- Plan, prepare and construct wedding designs with floral materials;
- Display of floristry goods;
- Introduction to working in the floristry industry;
- Introduction to function decorating using floral displays.
- You will need four GCSEs at a minimum Grade D level including English or a full Level 2 qualification, at merit grade, with literacy and numeracy at the appropriate level.
- Evidence of previous work experience would be useful and a willingness to work in the industry and the ability to succeed are very important.
- Acceptance on to the programme are subject to interview and initial assessment.
Assessment is by coursework portfolio and your work will be graded as either Pass, Credit or Distinction.
On successful completion of the programme you can progress into employment or to the Level 3 Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.