This course provides a broad based introduction to engineering
principles and skills which are applied in many areas of engineering.
The City & Guilds 2850 Diploma in Engineering is made up of units.
You will study these over one year full-time and will be able to see
your progress as you meet and complete a whole range of new
subjects. The course consists of core and optional units with subject
titles that may include: Engineering Health & Safety. Engineering
Principles. Principles of Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering. CNC
Machining of Materials. MIG Welding of Materials.
Full Time Study Programmes are built around a collection of key
elements which all students benefit from, these include:
• Main Qualification in the subject of your choice
• English & mathematics qualifications for all students who have not
yet achieved A*- C grade in either subject
• Work Experience or External Work Placement which is planned
with you at the start of your course and links to your career goals
• Weekly Tutorial with your personal tutor
• A wide range of Enrichment Activities to support your broader
skills, such as team work or communication