Hospitality Services - level 2 Apprenticeship at Buxton & Leek College
During this course you'll develop a range of food preparation and cooking skills. While you're in college you will take part in practical skills sessions, portfolio building and theory and IT sessions. You'll work alongside others as part of a team.
This course is suitable for you if you're working in an establishment with a limited menu, and want to develop the full range of skills you'll need to study for the Professional Cookery qualifications. You'll spend four or five days in work and one day in college.
Specialist materials will be needed for this course.
- You'll get the best of both worlds - college and work - so you'll learn and earn a wage
- During the Food Production pathway you'll receive a good grounding in food preparation and cooking
- During the Food and Drink pathway you'll develop food and drink service skills and gain a good understanding in the industry
- You could gain extra qualifications, like a food safety certificate
- Your employer will work in partnership with us to deliver your training.
You'll need to be working in the hospitality industry in a job where you can develop the range of skills covered by this course and where your training will be supported by your employer.
You'll be invited to an informal interview where we'll chat through your options and make sure you're on the right course.
You'll be assessed while carrying out tasks in college and your workplace, as well as through your portfolio and a question and answer session.
You could go on to the Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery or the Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership afterwards.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.