A Level - I.C.T. at Wadebridge School
- Unit 1: Presenting information (Coursework)
- Unit 2: How Organisations use I.C.T. (Exam)
- Unit 3: ICT solutions for Individuals and Society (Coursework)
- Unit 6 Developing and Creating web page design (Coursework)
- Unit 9: Working to a brief (Exam)
- Unit 12: Publishing D.T.P. (Coursework)
Students are required to reach the Wadebridge Sixth Form Level 3 entry criteria. Prior study of the subject at GCSE level may be of benefit but it is not essential.
The aims of the course are to encourage candidates to:
- Create portfolio work for each unit of work
- Develop an understanding of the effects of the use of ICT on the data processing and communications systems within and between organisations and individuals
- Develop an understanding of the range of hardware and software tools that may be used to create an effective ICT system
- Understand the role of ICT within the local, national and International community
- Acquire the skills necessary to tailor application software to meet the needs of given situations and users
- Develop skills of analysis and design, and be systematic in the production of solutions with testing, evaluation and appropriate documentation
- Develop project and time management skills when producing solutions for a third party
The AS level ICT course leads naturally into the full A level course, but also provides an excellent qualification in itself. ICT skills are increasingly a necessity for many courses.
- HND/HNC/degree Computing.
- Modules within other degree subjects.
Independent Study Time:
A successful ICT students will develop a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge of the uses of ICT in vocational contexts. Acquire knowledge and understanding of the components, functions and applications of information systems within a range of organisations. Finally, an understanding of the main principles of solving problems using ICT and develop the skills necessary to apply this understanding. For unit 1 and 3 the coursework is intensive and requires study outside of curriculum time.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wadebridge School directly.