ICT - National Diploma at Queensbury School
This course has been developed to recognise learners skills, knowledge and understanding of Informationa and Communication Technology fundtions, environments and operations. The learners carry out a range of tasks that have been designed to recognise their achievements in a modern, practical way that is relevant to the workplace. There are no exams in this course.
Students will do four compulsory units:
- Unit 1 Digital business communication
- Unit 2 Collaborative working
- Unit 3 Problem solving
- Unit 4 Creating a digital showcase
They will then get to choose 8 option units from the following list:
- Unit 5 Advanced spreadsheets
- Unit 6 Advanced databases
- Unit 7 Desktop publishing
- Unit 8 Career planning for ICT
- Unit 9 Work experience for ICT
- Unit 10 Digital imaging photography
- Unit 11 Digital video
- Unit 12 Digital audio
- Unit 13 Music technology
- Unit 14 Cartooning and animation
- Unit 15 Art and animation for computer games
- Unit 16 Programming for computer games
- Unit 17 Computer games production
- Unit 18 Computer games technology
- Unit 19 CAD/CAM
- Unit 20 Web authoring
- Unit 21 Hosting and managing websites
- Unit 22 Databases for E-commerce
- Unit 23 Web security and regulations
- Unit 24 Internet past, present and future
- Unit 25 Scripting and coding for websites
- Unit 26 Project management
- Unit 27 eMarketing
- Unit 28 eCommerce
- Unit 29 Producing a business plan
A minimum of 5 GCSEs grades C or above are required including a grade C in English to follow a full A Level programme. You need to have passed your ICT Option course at KS4 (CiDA/DiDA/OCR Nationals Level 2) at Grade C or above.
Assessment is mainly through coursework in each of the units.
- Higher Education Courses-- Animation & Special Effects, Computing, Computer Games, Interactive Media, Cybernetics, Internet & WWW, Media Studies, Time & Lens Based Media
- Career Options--Network support, Helpdesk, E-Commerce, Internet Security, NetworkManagement, Information Systems, Communications, Game Design, Multimedia Products, Broadcasting.
Please contact Mr Sheeran for further details.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queensbury School directly.