Business Studies A Level at Saint Benedict, A Catholic Voluntary Academy
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Explore real business situations
- Be practical in the application of business concepts
- Understand the role of the entrepreneur and business in society
At AS Level students are introduced to the challenges and issues of starting a business and decision making including the following topic areas:
1 What is business?
2 Managers, leadership and decision making
3 Decision making to improve marketing performance
4 Decision making to improve operational performance
5 Decision making to improve financial performance
6 Decision making to improve human resource performance
At A2 Level students consider strategies for larger businesses and how managers might measure the performance of the business and includes all the topics covered on the AS plus the following:.
7 Analysing the strategic position of a business
8 Choosing strategic direction
9 Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
10 Managing strategic change
All Level 3 students must have 5 separate GCSE passes (A*-C), including English Language and Maths.
Grade B in English Language
The AS is examined through two written papers.
The A2 is examined through three written exams.
1. Progress onto University courses - business related degrees or HNDs
2. Employment in a large number of professions including:
· Sales and marketing
· Manufacturing and production management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Saint Benedict, A Catholic Voluntary Academy directly.