Construction Building (Trowel Occupations) Intermediate Apprenticeship - Day release at Eastleigh College
The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction Building (Trowel Occupations) is ideal for those who are practically minded, enjoy working with their hands and are seeking to start a career as a bricklayer. It is also suitable for those who have relevant experience but do not have a relevant bricklaying qualification.
You will achieve a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Construction), and a Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying. Unless exempt on entry, you will also achieve Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in English and maths.
The Apprenticeship develops the skills and knowledge required for a successful career in the craft of bricklaying and focuses on
- health and safety
- setting out masonry structures
- moving, handling and the storage of materials
- erecting masonry structures
- productive working practices.
You will learn through a combination of on- and off-the-job training.
You will attend college on a day release basis during term time and spend the rest of your time earning and learning in the workplace.
- Entry is subject to interview and assessment.
- You will need to have relevant employment.
- In addition, you need to have 4 GCSEs at grade D or higher, including English and Maths or to have achieved a relevant Level 1 or Level 2 vocational qualification* or have relevant experience*and be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding Level 1 in English and maths.
Your progress will be continuously monitored and supported by an Apprenticeship Achievement Officer.
Intermediate apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto a range of other advanced apprenticeships including the Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical or the Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying.
With additional training, intermediate level apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles such as Supervisor or Team Leader.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.