Business BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at South Downs College
If you are interested in a career in Business, this course will help you develop an understanding of Business and how it operates.
The course will also develop the ICT skills required for a career in Business including PowerPoint, Spreadsheets, Project Management Software and Email.
You will study 18 assessed units over two years, examples of which are:
- The Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Managing Business Information
- Recruitment and Selection
- Impact of Communications Technology on Business
- Creative Production Promotion
- Business Project Management
- Managing a Business Event
- Starting a Small Business
- Developing teams in Business
- Understanding Aspects of the Legal System and Law Making Process
- Business and the Economic Environment
You will normally need five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and preferably Maths.
The course will be assessed through a continuous programme of assignments.
You will be asked to contribute towards any business trips arranged by your tutors.
The qualification will provide you with the opportunity to progress into employment or to higher education degree and HND courses.
You will have the opportunity to take part in a period of work experience in a relevant business organisation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Downs College directly.