ICT OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 3 at Kingdown School
Cambridge Technicals are vocational qualifications that are designed with the workplace in mind. They offer a great range of subjects to choose from.
The units range from practical coursework to wider project-based assessment opportunities, as well as examined units on the Fundamentals of IT, Global Information, and Cyber Security.
The students gain an insight into the IT sector as they investigate the pace of technological change, IT infrastructure, and the flow of information on a global scale and the importance of legal and security considerations.
Unit 1: Fundamentals of IT (Exam)
- A sound understanding of IT technologies and practices is essential for IT professionals. Information learnt in this unit will create a solid foundation in the fundamentals of hardware, networks, software, the ethical use of computers and how businesses use IT.
Unit 2: Global Information (Exam)
- The purpose of this unit is to demonstrate the uses of information in the public domain, globally, in the cloud and across the Internet, by individuals and organisations.
- Students will discover that good management of both data and information is essential and that it can give any organisation a competitive edge.
- This unit provides students with a greater understanding of how organisations use information sources both internally and externally and the types of information you will encounter.
- The skills gained by completing this unit will give knowledge of the functionality of information and how data is stored and processed by organisations.
The three optional units that we offer students to opt in for to allow for specialisation for a career path or further study.
At present, optional units include:
- Cyber Security
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Mobile Technology
- Social media and digital marketing
- Games design and prototyping
- Developing a smarter planet
- Internet of everything
- Cloud technology
- Plus there are many more to choose from
GCSE English and Maths (at grades 9-4) plus 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C.
- Unit 1: Fundamentals of IT
- Unit 2: Global Information
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingdown School directly.