Professional Cookery Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma at Uxbridge College
This qualification will focus on how to prepare, cook and present different types of commodities. This qualification allows you the opportunity to increase your all-round skills. Undertaking this qualification gives you proof of professional cooking skills and thus an increased opportunity for employment.
In order to gain the required knowledge and skills to work in a professional kitchen, it is recommended that you should undertake this qualification before you progress to a specialist qualification such as the Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs (Patisserie and Confectionary) or refine your general skills through a qualification such as the Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs. This qualification provides you with a good grounding in producing dishes, sauces and putting these together in a service situation.
This qualification will help you undertake skills and techniques in producing dishes, enabling you to carry out roles within a kitchen, whether in the kitchen & larder or the pastry section. This qualification is structured to enable you to work with a wide range of products in the preparation, cooking and presentation of dishes in a professional kitchen.
The topics that you will undertake include:
- Legal and social responsibilities
- Financial control in the commercial kitchen
- Soups and sauces
- Fruit and veg
- Meat and offal
- Fish and shellfish
- Rice, pasta and grains
- Desserts and puddings
- Pastry products
- Biscuits, cakes and sponges
We work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. Employers will provide demonstrations and talks on the industry and where possible work placements will also be provided by the employers.
This qualification is for you if you are 16 or over and wish to gain employment in a professional kitchen. This qualification will build on any learning you may have from a catering and hospitality related Level 2 qualification.
Overall final grading of Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Synoptic Assessment - final year end practical assessment
- External Assessment â€“ final year end written assessments
- City & Guilds Level 3 Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs (Patisserie & Confectionary)
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs (Kitchen & Larder)
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs
The types of places where you could work include:
- Branded/chains of restaurants/pubs
- Small catering establishments
- Schools and hospitals.
For further information, please contact our Information, Advice and Guidance team on 01895 853333 or email email@example.com
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.