Sports Turf Apprenticeship Level 3 at Guildford College
This Apprenticeship is suited to learners completing a work based Sports Turf Level 2 Diploma, or related subject, and candidates wishing to gain more skills in a supervisory role.
Merrist Wood College has excellent training resources, including the adjoining championship length golf course, putting green and sports pitches.
The College has close links with the sports turf industry including a candidate data matching service to help match employers with potential candidates.
The College’s further learning resources include the library’s extensive collection of books, magazines, periodicals and online resources.
- Estimating resource requirements and programming work
- Promoting, monitoring and maintaining health, safety and security
- Self management
- Managing information for action
- Creating grassed and planted areas
- Managing sports turf areas
- Managing drainage and irrigation systems
- Managing planted areas for their amenity value
- Preparing and applying pesticides
Sports Turf NVQ Level 2 or Diploma Level or equivalent. You must be in relevant employment.
Candidates are assessed by a combination of portfolio work, written evidence and work place assessment.
The Level 3 Diploma, with the addition of pesticides, will help learners progress in the industry.
Once learners have reached either Deputy Head Greenkeeper/Groundsman or Head Greenkeeper/Course Manager or Head Groundsman, learners have the option of joining the Sports turf Management Level 4 distance learning course at Merrist Wood.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.