AS/A2 History at The South Leeds Academy
History is an interesting but demanding post 16 course and requires a positive, committed approach from all students. Independent research is essential.
AS - Year 12
- Module 1 - British History Period Study – Church and State 1529 - 1589
- Module 2 - European and World History Enquiries – Dictatorship and Democracy in Germany 1933 - 1963
A2 - Year 13
- Module 3 - Historical Interpretations - (Coursework)
- Module 4 - Themes in History - Britain and Ireland 1798 - 1921
- Module 5 - Historical Investigations – (independent coursework )
5 GCSEs at grades A* to C or equivalent, including a grade B at GCSE in History.
The two AS modules will be examined in the Summer of Year 12. Students taking the A2 exam in Year 13 will sit one paper in the summer. They will undertake two coursework elements worth 15% each during the course of Year 13.
Highly regarded by top universities (Facilitating Subject). Good for many career paths such as Museum/Gallery Conservator, Archaeologist, Solicitor and Lawyer. Employers like it as a subject due to the number of transferable skills that students develop.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.