Business Studies BTEC at Abbey College, Ramsey
This course builds on the results achieved in Level 2 Business Studies. It is a modular course and will appeal to students who wish to continue at a sixth form level, gaining a Level 3 qualification worth 2 A Levels. It takes up two option slots in your choices. It is a more applied course focusing on the world of real business, rather than just theory.
The group will decide together on the units they want to study during the course, but the first four are compulsory core units.
- Unit 1: Exploring Business Activity
- Unit 2: Investigating Business Resources
- Unit 3: Introduction to Marketing
- Unit 4: Effective People, Communication and Information
The optional units to choose from include:
- Unit 5: Introduction to Accounting
- Unit 9: Exploring Creative Product Promotion
- Unit 13: Recruitment and Selection in Business
- Unit 15: Career Development Planning in Business
- Unit 18: Managing a Business Event
- Unit 21: Aspects of Contract and Business Law
- Unit 25: Supporting Business Activities
- Unit 30: Visual Merchandising in Retail
- Unit 37: Understanding Business Ethics
You must have achieved a pass grade if you studied Business at Level 2. New students should have good organisational skills plus a B grade in either English or Maths (preferably both).
The options on completion of the course range from further study to gaining employment in a vocational area related to any of the key topic areas of the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Abbey College, Ramsey directly.