Health and Social Care Single AS at Sir John Hunt Community Sports College
Unit F910: Promoting quality care
• Attitudes and prejudices
• Rights and responsibilities of people who use services and providers
• Facilitation of access to services
• Values of care
• How organisations promote quality care.
Unit F911: Communication in care settings
• Types of communication
• Factors that support and inhibit communication
• Communication skills
• Theories relating to communication
• Interaction with the person who uses services(s)/practitioner(s).
Unit F912: Promoting good health
• Principles of health and well-being
• Preventative measures and job roles
• Planning a health promotion campaign
• Carry out a health promotion campaign.
Unit F913: Health and safety in care settings
• The influence of current legislation on safe practice in care settings
• Safety and security
• Safe moving and handling techniques
• Contribution to infection control.
Unit F914: Caring for people with additional needs
• Common causes of additional needs
• Care-management process
• Production of a profile of a person who uses services with additional needs
• Models and approaches
• Barriers to access, support, aids and equipment available.
Unit F915: Working in early-years care and education
• Care and education provision for early years in the local area
• Job roles and responsibilities available within early-years care and education
• Values and principles of the early-years sector
• The ways children learn and factors that affect performance
• How to plan and implement activities for children in care and education settings.
Unit F916: Health as a lifestyle choice
• Positive effects of exercise
• Nutritional value of food and the dietary function of nutrients
• Exploring dietary health
• Designing an exercise programme
• How diet and exercise affect health.
Unit F917: Complementary therapies
• Development of complementary therapies
• Use and provision of complementary therapies
• Meeting physical, emotional and social needs
• Value of complementary therapies.
Unit F918: Caring for older people
• Physical effects of ageing on body systems
• Social, emotional and economic aspects of ageing
• Community care and support services for older people who use services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir John Hunt Community Sports College directly.