Business Administration Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at City of Westminster College
This qualification provides employees with the essential underpinning knowledge and understanding that would be needed to function competently in an administration job role. You will need to undertake 6 mandatory units with a value of 21 credits and optional units to reach 45 credits. Optional units provide opportunity to show understanding and skills in a variety of areas, including basic finance, IT and contributing to events. We will work with you to choose which are the most appropriate.
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business documents production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
Optional Units (selection)
- Contribution to the organisation of an event
- Provide administrative support for meetings
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Manage diary systems
- Word processing software
- Know how to publish, integrate and share using social media
The final two elements are the development of Personal learning and Thinking Skills which are embedded within the delivery of the knowledge and competency elements of the training, and Employment Rights and Responsibilities where understanding is checked through completion of a short workbook, or can be taken as a standalone unit.
If employees do not have a Level 1 qualification in English, Maths or ICT gained in the last 5 years e.g. GCSE Grade C or above, they will also need to achieve functional skills at level 1 in these subjects.
We will undertake an assessment and skills scan to make sure that this qualification is suitable for you. It is preferable to have English and Maths GCSE Grade C or above.
You will be assessed through on line exams for some Business Administration units and any functional skills you need to take. The remainder will be assessed through a portfolio of work based evidence.
Apprentices are in employment but the apprenticeship can help job security and promotion
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.