Site Carpentry Level 2 Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
On this in-depth course you gain a high level of practical experience in our well-equipped carpentry workshops, learning about roof structures, door openings, kitchen units and all types of moulding.
- CC 1001K Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 1001S Carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 2002K Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- CC 2002S Information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- CC 2003K Knowledge of building methods and construction technology 2
- CC 2003S Building methods and construction technology 2
- CC 2008K Know how to carry out first fixing operations
- CC 2008S Carry out first fixing operations
- CC 2009K Know how to carry out second fixing
- CC 2009S Carry out second fixing
- CC 2010K Know how to erect structural carcassing
- CC 2010S Erect structural carcassing
- CC 2011K Know how to carry out maintenance
- CC 2011S Carry out maintenance
- CC 2012K Know how to set up and operate a circular saw
- CC 2012S Set up and operate a circular saw
Each unit has a test to assess the students under pinning knowledge of the subject.
Practical assignment: Time allowed up to 18 hours
4 GCSEs A*-D or full Level 1 Diploma or equivalent, with Functional Skills in English, maths and IT at least at Entry 3.
All progressing learners must complete an internal application form and achieve the full L1 Diploma with Functional Skills in English, maths and IT at least at Entry 3.
Through observation of practical tasks in the workshop and a short written test at the end of each unit. External tests from City & Guilds throughout the year.
Employment as a qualified tradesperson.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.