Economics and Business AS and A Level at Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t studied economics before. You might have an interest in economics and business. You might want to investigate some of the stories you hear in the news – Why do some economies grow and others don’t? Why didn’t economists predict the Global Financial Crisis? What impact does the economy have on the business world? What is globalisation? This course will help you to understand all this and more.
Theme 4: Making markets work. This theme considers degrees of competition within markets and then encourages students to apply their understanding to how governments may improve the functioning of markets and the economy.
For A level you will study all four themes and will sit three exams at the end of your course.
- Studying economics will help you develop transferable skills that will prepare you for studying at university or moving into the world of work. These include skills in data interpretation and essay writing. You will also develop commercial awareness.
- Suitable higher education courses include economics degrees or degrees in applied economics such as environmental economics, labour economics, public sector economics or monetary economics.
- You might choose to study business economics, international business or a business and management degree.
- Economics students can follow a wide range of careers in industry, commerce, finance and the civil service.
- You might choose a career in banking, sales, product management or general management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith directly.