Animal Care - Level 1 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
As well as studying a range of skills related to the care and welfare of animals, this course will also enable you to build your self-confidence while improving your personal and social development.
- Safe and effective working practices in the land-based industry
- Develop performance when working with animals
- Assist with maintaining the health and well-being of animals
- Assist with the movement, handling and accommodation of animals
- Assist with feeding and watering of animals
- Assist with the exercise of animals.
- There are no formal entry requirements but you will be expected to complete an assessment.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
You will be assessed on your portfolio work and through practical assessment.
Upon completion you could gain employment in a role related to the skills and knowledge you develop on the course.
What can I go on to study?
- Level 2 Animal Care
- Other Level 2 courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.