Business And Administration Level 3 NVQ Diploma at Milton Keynes College
NVQs in Business and Administration are ideal if you want to work in administrative support roles in public or private sector organisations, or if you want to improve your administrative and supervisory skills.
These flexible qualifications can be tailored to your individual needs and the needs of the employers - no matter what industry you are in.
The qualification consists of 4 mandatory units, which are:
- Managing your own performance in a business environment
- Evaluating and improving your own performance in a business environment
- Working in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment.
You will also study 5-9 optional units (depending on the credit value of each unit) from a wide choice which covers all aspects of administration within a range of organisational settings:
- Making and receiving phone calls and e-mails
- Handling mail and providing reception services
- Using office equipment and diary systems
- Using a variety of software and IT systems
- Working with others and solving business problems
- Contributing to decision making
- Delivering and evaluating customer service
- Researching, organising, analysing, storing and presenting information
- Developing and delivering a presentation
- Preparing business documents from a variety of sources
- Supporting the organisation of meetings and taking minutes
- Supporting the organisation and running of events and projects
- Supporting the organisation of travel or accommodation arrangements
- Developing and maintaining an information system.
- Supporting the Human Resources function, including recruitment and selection of staff
- Contributing to innovation and improvements and planning change for a team
- Supervising a team or an office facility
- Providing leadership and direction in your own area of responsibility
- Administering parking and traffic offences and appeals
- Monitoring and improving a customer service
- Maintaining and issuing stationery
- Managing physical resources and their Environmental impact
- Managing a budget.
Your choice of optional units will depend on your job role and development needs and can be decided once you start the course.
There are no formal entry requirements but you will need to be working in an administrative role with a level of responsibility which will allow you to demonstrate the competencies of this qualification.
You will be required to present an e- portfolio of work based evidence that will be generated by a combination of methods that could include observations, work products, witness testimonies, personal statements, discussions and questioning and the accreditation of prior achievement.
You will be allocated an assessor who will support and guide you through the qualification. They will meet with you regularly in the workplace to help you generate the evidence. The assessor will make the judgements about the suitability of your evidence and provide feedback on your progress towards the qualification. The assessor will also arrange to conduct work place observations, which are a requirement of the qualification.
An NVQ in Business and Administration can help you succeed in a support role in any size or type of organisation. These roles include:
- Personal assistant
- Office supervisor team leader
You may also want to continue your studies by choosing any of the following qualifications:
- NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration Level 4
- Higher Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
- Leadership and management qualifications from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.