Music A Level at The Belvedere Academy 6th Form
- Western classical tradition 1650-1910 (compulsory)
- Pop music
- Music for media
- Music for theatre
- Contemporary traditional music
- Art music since 1910.
Grade B or above in Music or equivalent experience in Music. Though not essential, it is desirable for students to have a passion for Music outside of school, whether through classes or qualifications.
Appraising (written exam)
- Section A Listening (56 marks)
- Section B Analysis (34 marks)
- Section C Essay (30 marks)
- This component is 40% of A-level marks (120 marks in total)
- Solo and/or ensemble performing as an instrumentalist. or vocalist 10 minutes.
- This component is 35% of A-level marks (50 marks in total).
- Composition 1: Composition to a brief (25 marks)
- Composition 2: Free composition (25 marks)
- This component is worth 25% of A level marks (50 marks in total)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Belvedere Academy 6th Form directly.