A Level History at Regent High School
CHOOSE THIS COURSE IF…
- you have a love of the past and its influence on the future
- you enjoy debate and analysis of different ideas
- you are willing to explore new ideas
You will undertake three main studies in this course:
Breadth Study - The Tudors: England, 1485–1603. You will study issues of change, continuity, cause and consequence of the Tudor re-establishment of the monarchy and the intellectual and religious ideas of the time.
Depth Study - America: A Nation Divided, 1845– 1877. We will consider what creates social tension and harmony, the idea of nationhood and the issues surrounding political compromise.
Independent Study - The Arab-Israeli Conflict. A personal study following your own area of interest.
At least 5 A*-C grades at GCSE, including English and Maths with at least a grade B in History and English Language
A Level is a two year linear course with two written exams (40% of final mark each) and a 3-3,500 word independent project (20% of final mark).
AS Level is a stand-alone linear qualification assessed by two written exams at the end of Year 12.
- university degrees in History and other humanities-based subjects such as Politics and Economics and many more
- associated degrees in Education, Law and Art History amongst others
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS
- Museum Curator
- Finance Director
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Regent High School directly.