Hair, Beauty and Nails (VRQ) L1 Diploma at North Lindsey College
The Level 1 Diploma in an introduction to the hair and beauty sector. It is a qualification
that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills through introducing you to the hair and beauty industries and how you should present a professional
image in the salons.
To enhance your practical skills you will have the opportunity to choose from the
following hair and beauty units:
- plaiting or plaiting and twisting hair
- shampoo and conditioning hair
- hand or skin care
- themed face painting
- styling men's or women's hair
- basic make-up application
- nail art application
- create an image using colour or hair and beauty techniques
- dressing hair
- photographic make-up
- providing basic manicure or pedicure treatments
- colour hair using temporary colour
- salon reception duties
- how to follow health and safety
- working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- create and maintain retail displays
- or how to perform a head massage service
You will be expected to have a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades D-E ideally including Maths and English.
- Practical assessments on paying clients.
- You will collate a portfolio which must include photographic evidence to demonstrate your talent and competence in the subject.
Progression onto your chosen level 2 pathway in either hair, beauty or nails on achievement of this diploma, with the appropriate levels of Maths and English.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.