Electrical Installation Level 1 City & Guilds 7202 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
This qualification is intended for those learners who want a career in the electrical industry but who do not yet have the aptitude to study a level 2 electrical qualification. This course will provide learners with an entry point into the industry and also give them the opportunity to progress onto the level 2 qualifications.
The course consists of 7 mandatory units of study which will include a mixture of both theory and practical units.
You will follow an integrated programme with a strong practical emphasis covering the following 7 areas:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
- GCSE Maths and English at grade D or above
- A science subject would be an advantage
- You will need to show a keen interest in electrical installation work and a motivation and willingness to study
- You will undergo an initial assessment to determine the right level of programme for you
- You will undergo an initial assessment after 4 - 6 weeks to determine whether you are suitable for this NVQ Level 1 programme. Within this you will be expected to show good, regular attendance, good behaviour, conduct and progress.
You will undergo an initial assessment after 4-6 weeks to determine whether you are suitable to an NVQ Level 1 programme. Within this you will be expected to show good, regular attendance, good behaviour, conduct and progress. You will then be continuously assessed throughout the rest of the programme.
Most of the assessments will be practical and short answer knowledge assignments. There will also be 1 - 2 multiple choice tests for the common units.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
When you have successfully completed this course, you will have gained a nationally recognised qualification, developed your personal skills and have opportunities to progress onto a Modern Apprenticeship programme or onto a level 2 programme of study.
You must, depending on your prior achievement, re-sit GCSE English and/or Maths, improve your English and Maths and attend planned group tutorials.
What will I need?
Boots and overalls. There may be an opportunity to buy a basic tool kit.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.