Beauty Therapy C&G Level 2 Diploma at Northbrook College Sussex
You will train in the College’s salons which are open to the public and you will be continually assessed in a realistic working environment. These courses lead to recognised vocational qualifications which demonstrate the skill and knowledge required to perform the job role effectively.
- Brand new state of the art facilities and access to new technology
- External training and enrichment activities
- You will be hands on from day 1
- You will be working on members of the public in our busy commercial clinic
- Your qualification will lead to employability
- 100% achievement rate
- Two Beauty Therapy students won prizes at the Beauty Therapy regional heat of WorldSkills 2014
You will cover:
- Health & safety
- Waxing (hair removal)
- Manicure & pedicure
- Eye treatments & make up
- Development at work
- Promotion of additional products & services
You will also be required to carry out a number of case studies in your own time. It is suggested that students have a work placement one day a week in a salon. Much of the learning process will be student centred and will require commitment, dedication and the ability to conduct independent research.
To start on this course you need:
GCSE English and Maths at grade D or above
a relevant Level 1 qualification with at least 80% Merit profile, including Level 1 English and Maths.
You will also need at least 1 week's work experience and a reference.
(If you do not have the above qualifications, you may be able to start by doing a year on the Level 1 Introduction to Hair & Beauty before moving on to this Level 2 course.)
After 1 year at Level 2 you can achieve a Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy. This means that you can apply for Level 3 of this course. Alternatively, you could seek employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Northbrook College Sussex directly.