Kitchen Services - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This programme is for catering staff and kitchen assistants who prepare and cook simple food predominantly from pre-prepared ingredients and packages & who need to develop or consolidate their skills. Delivery is through teaching, support and assessment direct into the workplace.
SUITABLE FOR: Those seeking or employed within the hospitality industry as food service assistants, kitchen assistants and porters.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Kitchen Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Kitchen Services)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES
- Prepare a and cook meat and poultry
- Prepare hot and cold sandwiches
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain an efficient use of food resources
- Set up and close a kitchen
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto an Apprenticeship in Food Production and Cooking or other Management Training at the College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.