Electrical Installation Studies City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Wirral Metropolitan College
If you are looking to train as a fully qualified electrician installing in Commercial, Industrial and domestic locations, the City & Guilds 2365 course could be for you.
This is now the default qualification for the traditional route to becoming an electrician whether or not you are employed by an electrical contractor.
Please note at the end of the course you will only have the status of an Electricians Mate.
The level 2 & 3 2365 courses replace the former very successful City & Guilds 2330. It mainly differs from the other option of the City & Guilds 2357 in that it does not contain the NVQ and AM2.
The City & Guilds 2365 is the very latest (and therefore the most up to date qualification available) to become a commercial electrician.
- Commercial - such as supermarkets, offices, warehouses, schools, shops, restaurants, hospitals.
- Industrial - such as research/development parks, heavy manufacturing, buildings, factories.
- Domestic - such as houses, flats, bungalows, renewable, solar PV
- Agricultural - farms
- Maintenance services, local authorities
- Media - Electricians required for the day to day running operations in television, radio.
- Sporting venues - theatres, concert halls, stadium events.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.