Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Toolmaking (On Progression from a Level 2) at City Training Services
This Apprenticeship is aimed at individuals who wish to further their career in Engineering.
The apprenticeship builds on the previously achieved Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship and provides a higher standard of competence and knowledge which is geared to industry with a choice of units tailored to employers’ requirements;
- One day per week college attendance to receive the necessary underpinning technical knowledge combined with the workplace training to gain competency and practical skills on the employers’ own industry specific tasks.
- Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Toolmaking ( QCF )
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology ( QCF ) or Level 3 Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering ( QCF )
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT( AON, COMMS & ICT )
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills ( PLTS )
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities ( ERR )
The NVQ is delivered through practical and written competency / knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace on specific units chosen by the employer.
The apprentices are required to complete work related tasks and build an E – Portfolio of competence evidence.
The Technical Certificate ( VRG ) and Functional Skills are classroom based and delivered in college.
Successful achievement of Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering and further Maths & English assessment.
Applicants will be invited to attend City Training Services to complete a computer based Initial Assessment in Maths & English and formal interview prior to employment.
Continual assessment will occur throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
On completion of the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship individuals can progress to a Higher National Certificate ( HNC ) and potentially a Foundation Degree in Engineering but these options are not offered by City Training Services - successful Advanced Apprentices should refer to Bradford College.
For further information or to apply online please visit:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.