Health and social care - BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
This course will give you the experience you need to work in the health and social care sector or to progress in education. You will gain an understanding of the structure and function of workplace environments, and knowledge of the care sector, as well as the services available within the health and social care fields.
You will cover topics such as:
- communication in health and social care,
- vocational practice in health and social care,
- cultural diversity in health and social care, and
- anatomy and physiology for health and social care.
The course includes a work placement that will give you valuable practical experience. It is available for school leavers and adult learners.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 3 and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 3 or above. You will require a DBS check for this course.
Through projects, case studies, work based assignments and coursework
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Health Studies or Social Care level 3, or
- Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care level 2.
You could progress into employment in the health and social care sector, as a:
- care assistant with older people or people with disabilities,
- nanny or nursery assistant,
- support worker,
- home care assistant, or
- health care assistant.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.