English Language A Level at Redland Green School
Above all, because we hope you enjoy it! Our language is at the heart of so much of what we do: talking, thinking, reading and writing. A close study and analysis of language will encourage you to think deeply about yourself, about relationships with others, and about the way the world around you is constructed through spoken and written texts. Sharing thoughts and ideas with others and expressing yourself coherently are important processes.
- Paper 1: Language, the individual and society (50% of AS).
- Paper 2: Language varieties (50% of AS).
- Paper 1: Language, the individual and society (40% of A level).
- Paper 2: Language varieties (40% of A level).
- Non exam assessment: Language in action – Language investigation and original writing (20% of A level).
NBP16C level 3 entry requirements including level 5 in GCSE English language
80% examination, 20% coursework
English language is a highly regarded A level because it suggests that you can communicate clearly and have an understanding of the importance and power of language. In addition you will have the ability to analyse a wide range of texts in details.
This A level is recognised and valued by higher education institutions and by employers in areas such as journalism, law, retailing, banking, marketing, advertising, publishing and industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redland Green School directly.