*Information and Communication Technology GCSE at The Westwood Academy (West Coventry Sixth Form)
This qualification is designed to prepare learners to be able to use technology in ways that make them effective and involved as citizens and able to operate confidently in life and work in a wide range of contexts.
The Functional qualification is designed to:
- Develop pupils' ability to interact with ICT systems independently to meet their needs;
- Help pupilsto use ICT to plan and organise their work;
- Increase pupils understanding ofthe need for safety and security practices whilst using the computer and communicating;
- Increase pupils access, searching and selecting capabilities for ICT based information and evaluate its fitness for purpose;
- Expand pupils ability to enter, develop and format information to suit its purpose;
- Build upon skills to organise information to suit its content and purpose;
- Build upon pupils ability to present information in ways that are fit for purpose and audience;
- Expand pupils ability to evaluate tools and facilities used to present information;
- Broaden pupils ability to select and use ICT to communicate and exchange information safely, independently, responsibly and effectively.
Assessment is by 2 Hour examination.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Westwood Academy (West Coventry Sixth Form) directly.