Textiles A Level at SEEVIC College
Textiles is an ideal A-Level choice if you are interested in Fashion Design or considering studying textiles, fashion or costume at university.
You will develop knowledge and understanding of constructed textiles, dyed textiles and printed textiles – ultimately creating and constructing a successful garment design.
You will also have opportunities to get involved in fashion shows and exhibitions, as well as the chance to visit places where you will be able to see practising designers at work.
General Entry Requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grade C or above, which must include English Language, and an average point score of 5.0 calculated from all of your GCSE subjects.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C or above in an Art or Design based GCSE (exceptions can be made if you have a passion for the subject and can bring in evidence of your creative work). You will be required to present a portfolio of artwork to one of our team, as part of the interview process.
You will be given practical briefs, which you will complete on location and in the Textile Studio at Seevic College, and participate in regular technique workshops. Your coursework will include individual creative projects that promote personal interpretation and the development of your own individual style. You will be assessed throughout the two years with externally set design briefs.
You’ll need a sewing kit – consisting of scissors, pins and needles (etc.). A full list of resources and advice about where to buy them will be given to you at the start of term.
- If you want to continue studying textiles, fashion or costume at university, then this course is a great choice.
- It will also be ideal if you hope to take the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at Seevic College once you finish your A-Levels.
- Former student Daisy Banks is currently studying Costume Design at Wimbledon College of the Arts – part of University of the Arts London and one of the capital's leading specialist art colleges. While at Seevic College she designed and created a bespoke evening gown for the Mayor of Castle Point.
You’ll be able to attend regular gallery and exhibition visits; including trips to places like:
- Victoria & Albert Museum
- The Barbican
- Somerset House.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact SEEVIC College directly.