BTEC Business Studies Level 3 (single) at The Basildon Academies Sixth Form
The overall aim of this course is to provide an understanding of the
Business world and environment covering a broad range of topic areas.
This course is for students who:
- enjoy discussing and learning about businesses
- have an interest in how businesses operate and work
- want to develop skills in communication and independent learning and application
- want to engage in a range of activities to learn the ways of the business world.
The four core units in the subsidiary diploma, diploma and extended diploma
give learners an introduction to and understanding of the business environment,
management of resources, marketing and communication – all fundamental to the
success of business organisations.There are 4 mandatory units equating to 40 credits. There are 2 optional units equalling 20 credits.
- Unit 1-The Business Environment
- Unit 2- Business Resources
- Unit 3- Introduction to Marketing
- Unit 4- Business Communication
Optional units are:
- Unit 5- Business Accounting
- Unit 9- Creative Product Promotion
- Unit 10- Market Research
- Unit 11- Relationship marketing
- Unit 12- Internet marketing in Business
- Unit 13- Recruitment and Selection in Business
- Unit 29- Understanding Retailing
General Sixth Form.
This course is equivalent to 1 A Level, graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Students must achieve a minimum of 60 credits to pass the course.
- All work is assessed through the completion of units and coursework
- The assessment approach of the BTEC qualifications in Business allows learners to receive feedback on their progress throughout the course as they provide evidence towards the assessment and grading criteria.
- Evidence for assessment may be generated through a range of diverse activities including assignment and project work, case studies, workplace assessment, roleplay and oral presentation.
- An overall grade of ‘pass’ ‘merit’ or ‘distinction’ can be awarded.
The BTEC qualifications in Business provide a route to employment into the many diverse areas of business:
These could include: Roles in specialist areas such as management, marketing, finance, customer service or human resources in large organisations or a more generic role in a business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Basildon Academies Sixth Form directly.