Skills for Health & Social Care Edexcel Diploma Level 1 at Tower Hamlets College
Health and Social Care is one of the largest employment sectors in the UK and opportunities are buoyant. This course will give you an understanding of how Health and Social Care
services work. You will learn about the care needs of a wide range of people of all ages and from all backgrounds.
- Investigating Rights and Responsibilities at Work
- Communication with Adults and Children in Health and Social Care
- Preparing for Work Placements
- Personal Care in Health and Social Care
- You will be asked to complete an assessment in numeracy and literacy and a successful interview
This qualification is internally assessed and externally verified by Edexcel. You will produce a range of assignments on a wide variety of topics related to Health and Social
Care, and, as assessment is through coursework you won’t have the additional pressure of exams. The assignments use a variety of assessment methods including information booklets, posters, observations, and team events.
Functional skills are externally examined. All full-time learners will be required to study Functional Skills at the appropriate level. These will be in maths, English and ICT.
- Certificate in Preparation to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2
- Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2
- Internship or Apprenticeship in the Health or Health and Social Care Sector
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tower Hamlets College directly.