Art and Design UAL Diploma Level 2 at Doncaster College
The First Diploma in Art and Design is a one year course designed to introduce you a wide variety of Art and Design techniques.
All activities will be underpinned by a core of drawing/visualisation skills.
The Course is equivalent to four GCSEs.
The course is made up of practical and theory projects and workshops giving learners the opportunity to expand their horizons within a wide field of Art subjects including printmaking, photography, textiles, 3D and ceramics.
The Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design is an eight unit qualification (achieved in year one only).
- 4 GCSEs grades D and above including English
- Level 1 Visual Art Diploma or Art Design & Media at Merit
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- All students will need to present a portfolio of art work at interview.
- Relevant industrial experience
Functional skills are embedded throughout the course, you will be required to take an exam and/or complete a portfolio to achieve these.
The course proper is assessed continuously with critiques at the end of each five or six week project.
Most of our learners progress to Level 3 Diplomas at the College.
After further study there are job opportunities in the creative industries including graphic design, games designing, photography, textile design, creative designing and picture editing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.