Hairdressing Apprenticeship - NVQ Level 2 at Consortia Training
A Hairdressing NVQ can jump-start your career in hairdressing, and with the higher levels you could become a stylist and go on to be a Salon Manager.
To run your own Salon or specialise in particular Hair types or Hairdressing treatments, you might want to think about other qualifications too.
Level 2 will suit you if you have some experience in the Hairdressing and Barbering industry. You want to be a Junior Stylist.
You will complete between six and nine mandatory units and a range of optional units. Mandatory units include:
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using basic techniques.
Optional units include:
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Plait and twist hair
- Fulfill salon reception duties
You will complete these units over a 12 -24 months, depending on your requirements, within our fully working salon and beauty room and your place of work.
All our tutors are fully qualified in hair and/or beauty and will assist you in every way possible to help you achieve your goal.
To undertake this course you must be employed within a hairdressing salon. We will help you find your apprenticeship.
As part of the programme you may be required to complete Functional Maths and English at level 1. A tutor will support you in this to ensure that you get the best training available.
These courses lead to:
- Own Business
- Company Representative
- Working on Cruise ships
- Health Farms
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities is a big part of the Apprenticeship framework and will be embedded within your training.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills including; Creative thinking, reflective learning and team working will also be assessed and embedded within your course.
- You will also receive continued Information, Advice and Guidance to help you progress and complete your programme to the best of your abilities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Consortia Training directly.