Women’s Hairdressing (VRQ) City and Guilds Diploma Level 2 at Derwentside College
The level 2 qualification is the perfect beginning on the road to your chosen career.
It will give you the opportunity to have a taster of many different areas from styling women’s hair to colouring to cutting hair.
This qualification will not only give you some of the creative skills but more importantly develop your communication and employability skills.
The course involves both theory and practical based tasks which include:
- Working the hairdressing industry
- Health & Safety
- Consultation techniques
- Shampooing & conditioning treatments
- Styling & dressing hair
- Cutting techniques
- Colouring techniques
- Perming techniques
- Reception duties
- Create an image.
- 4 GCSE’s at Grade D or above,
- or equivalent qualifications and Initial Functional Skills Assessment which demonstrates working towards Level 1 in Literacy and Numeracy,
- or Completed Level 1 in Hairdressing .
You will be continually assessed throughout your course in both practical and theory based tasks.
You are required to carry out a number of practical assessments covering a wide range of treatments eg. colour, cutting, and perming.
These will be logged in your portfolio which you will continue to update as you pass assessments.
You will also be required to complete assignments and on-line test questions, which will contribute to your portfolio.
Work experience will also help further develop skills.
- On completing your Level 2 Hairdressing course you could then progress to: - NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing (Intermediate apprenticeship) - VRQ Level 3 Hairdressing full-time college based course
- Work as a junior stylist within a salon, cruise liners, theatres, film and TV, fashion and photography, freelance and mobile hairdressing services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.