Health Care, Social Work & Early Years BTEC Level 2 Diploma at St Vincent College
This is a one year intensive combined course that will help you to gain two separate qualifications that will give you the knowledge, understanding and competency needed when considering employment in the Health, Social and Early Years sectors. You will have the opportunity to apply theory to practice during work placement. You will be expected to produce a portfolio of evidence which reflects your knowledge and understanding of the units studied.
Unit 1: Effective Communication
This unit involves learning about the importance of good communication skills in order to help you develop relationships with people, including patients/service users and their relatives, young people, children, colleagues, managers and other professionals.
Unit 2: Equality and Inclusion in Children and Young People’s Settings
In this unit you will gain an understanding of equality and inclusion as well as learn how to work in an inclusive way.
Unit 3: Activity Provision in Health, Social and Early Years Settings
This is a fun and practical unit which enables you to learn about the importance of providing appropriate activities within the sector as well as enabling you to have the opportunity to plan, run and then evaluate a range of your own activities.
Unit 4: Ensuring Safe Environments
The aim of this unit is to enable you to explore the knowledge and skills related to health and safety issues, including legislation in health and social care environments, risk assessment and the actions that are necessary to minimise potential hazards and risks.
As well as studying for qualifications in both Early Years and Health and Social Care, you will also have the opportunity to re-take English and/or Maths qualifications within your timetable and study from a range of additional optional units such as Child Protection and Safeguarding, Duty of Care in health and Social Care Sector and Human Life Stages.
• You should be able to show that you have a standard of literacy, numeracy and general education equivalent to five GCSEs grade E or above OR
• You should be able to show that you have undertaken suitable work experience OR
• You have completed a Level 1 or 2 qualification
To achieve this qualification you must complete and pass all units
• End of Year reward trip to Thorpe Park
• Four night trip to Euro Disney, staying at a Disney hotel, attending training work shops and spending time in both Disney parks.
• NCS Trips
• You must achieve an overall Distinction or Distinction* at Level 2 plus relevant Maths and/or English qualifications to progress
• You could progress onto one of our Level 3 ‘Pathway to …’ programmes
• BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care (single or triple courses)
• BTEC Level 3 Children’s Play, Learning and Development (Early Years educator)
• St Vincent Apprenticeship programme
• Employment in the Health and Social Care sectors
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Vincent College directly.