Applied ICT AS Level Edexcel (double) at Longdean School
Applied ICT has been developed to provide a broad educational basis for further training, further education or for moving into appropriate employment within the ICT sector. It has been designed to be delivered in a work-related context and to allow learners to develop an understanding of the ICT sector. It is designed to give learners broad skills, knowledge and understanding of the ICT sector. In particular, they will encourage learners to develop:
* A broad range of ICT skills and knowledge of the uses of ICT in vocational contexts.
* Knowledge and understanding of the components, functions and applications of information systems.
* An understanding of the main principles of solving problems using ICT and development of the skills necessary to apply this understanding.
AS Applied ICT - You will need to complete the following units:
* The Knowledge Worker - External Examination
* The Information Age - Coursework * The Digital Economy - Coursework
5 A* - C grades, including English, Maths and a Distinction in OCR National ICT or equivalent or a B in GCSE ICT.
You can: Continue on to university to study Seek employment with a good knowledge of ICT and well-developed ICT skills.
You can go on to study A2 Applied ICT (single) in Year 13 then continue on to university or seek employment with a good knowledge of ICT and well developed ICT skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Longdean School directly.