Dance Level 3 BTEC at Tuxford Academy Technology College and Training School
Why study BTEC Performing Arts (Dance)?
* You enjoy Dance and/or have a genuine interest in theatrical arts.
* You are interested to explore how Dance is created from a technical perspective.
* You are interested to expand your repertoire of dance styles.
* It provides you with essential life and employment skills because of its emphasis on teamwork, planning projects, rigorous research and imaginative presentations.
What will I learn about?
You will explore a range of Dance styles and technique. You will work with specialist staff to develop your skills in Dance and performing arts in general. You will be given the opportunity to work with professional dancers and companies and will experience performances from leading contemporary dance groups. You will also be given an insight into the performing arts industry and begin to gain understanding of how you can forge a career in performing arts.
Studied units include:
* Performing to an audience – Developing the skills to perform to an audience;
* International Dance – Exploring varying styles and the inﬂuence of Dance around the world;
* Choreography – Exploring and developing the skills to choreograph original Dance;
* Urban Dance – Exploring the style of Urban dance;
* Jazz Dance – Exploring the style of Jazz and its inﬂuence on popular culture;
* Dance Performance – Developing the skills to effectively perform Dance.
5 GCSEs A* - C
Relevant Dance qualifications are desireable. Or a genuine interest in Dance.
*NB Please refer to page 5 of the prospectus as this course is subject to change.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tuxford Academy Technology College and Training School directly.