Construction - Pathway at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in the practical building trades?
This programme gives you an entry point into the built environment industry. It is ideal for anyone who wants to develop general building skills through practical hands-on experience.
The programme allows you to sample a range of occupations. You will gain fundamental trade skills, preparing you for employment and further study. At the end of the programme you can make an informed decision about which technical area you want to work in.
The programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Both practical and theory-based classes
- Realistic work environments
- Specialised workshops for the different trades
- Workbook tasks
- No formal qualifications are required for admission
- Selection is by interview and a written assessment
- You must show motivation, commitment and enthusiasm
- A suitable Record of Achievement and references will also be required
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Observation of your practical work
- Assignments with practical and job knowledge tasks
- Portfolio of classroom work
The programme acts as an entry point into a variety of construction trades. You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Brickwork Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1
- Painting and Decorating Level 1
- Plastering Level 1
- Plumbing Level 1
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
- Gas Installation & Maintenance Engineer
- Painter & Decorator
- Town & Country Planner
Programme code: 0502AE0B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.