Interactive Digital Media BTEC L3 Extended Diploma at Waltham Forest College
The interactive media course is for people hoping to work as creatives in digital media design, game design, publishing, visual effects, advertising and marketing businesses.
You will undertake projects on design for the web and for print, advertising, animation, illustration, graphic design, storytelling and video production. You will also work with outside businesses and organisations.
Webpages, on-line videos, animation, photography and illustration are well established forms of communication for all businesses. To be able to create original high quality visual content for businesses requires a thorough understanding of what has been done in the past and what might be effective for now and the future.
- Design for the web and social media
- Illustration - drawing techniques
- Digital image-making and manipulation
- Graphic Design - layout and design principles
- Animation - Digital animation and stop-motion animation
- Visual and written story-telling - narrative conventions
- Moving image and video production
- Information graphics design - Design for data
- Analysing and writing about design and media
- Character and environment design for animation and games
- Adobe Creative Suite software - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Flash
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above
Interview and assessment
Portfolio of work/ digital work
The BTEC Extended Diploma is an internationally recognised vocational qualification that is equivalent to three A Levels. It is a coursework based qualification that has more focus on technical knowledge. It is recognised by universities and has equivalent UCAS points to three A Levels.
The ability to use traditional drawing materials and up-to-date digital image-making processes together with a thorough knowledge of historical and contemporary references can be applied in a wide range of business environments.
Former students have gone on to study and work in design studios, advertising agencies, games developers, publishers and animation studios.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Waltham Forest College directly.